Updated: Jun 29
1. (8-25-2012) An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.
- Thomas Paine, 1737-1809
2. (8-25-2012) And, if there is one lesson that is made, and is of paramount importance, it is the understanding that every single one of us can make that difference. We are not hampered by our singular status, in fact, that is our power. Government is and can be the sum of our many small, individual acts, but those acts must occur.
- Thomas N. Tripp – First Principles, 2008
3. (8-25-2012) In disquisitions of every kind there are certain primary truths, or first principles, upon which all subsequent reasonings [sic] must depend….Of the same nature are those maxims in ethics and politics, that there cannot be an effect without a cause.
- Alexander Hamilton 1754-1804 – The Federalist No. 31, 1787-1788
Principium Volume I, Book 1
Note: [Sic] – means that whatever it follows was recorded just as it was found in the original works