278. Without Authority vested somewhere, without regular moral principles that may be consulted confidently, Justice cannot long endure anywhere.
- Russell Kirk – Roots of American Order, 1974
281. The wisdom of our ancestors is preserved, not in books, if not read, but in the teaching of children from those books laid before us all along history’s far reach. If the wisdom of the ages is not taught to the next age, it is as if all the books that contain it were burned.
- Andrew T. Jackson 2009 (1970 to present)
283. We had better take the time, if we can find it between elections and media feeding frenzies, to be tutored by the wisdom of the ages.
- Frank Shakespeare, 1925-Present